This is a great first issue to listen to.
Blake sent us another FAKE press release. Again, THIS IS FAKE, but funny.
Week of April 11th, 2007
The apology for this week’s show is that there’s a really bad echo on Jefferson’s microphone. We got Jonathan a new headset mic after the first 3 shows, and he sounds much better ever since, we’ve ordered the same one for Jefferson.
1. Fake casting notice for the Superhero Guys in The Dark Knight, sent in by Blake.
2. We also answer Blake’s question about rumored villains in the next Superman sequel, as part of that we get a little into the history of Brainiac.
3. Jason asks us an entry on Wil Wheaton’s where he is asked about being in Watchmen, we discuss the possibility and the quote from the movie’s directory Zach Snyder about the direction the casting will take.
4. Jason also asks about Heroes and whether the hiatus is too long and if that can hurt a show, we have several different opinions on this one. We compare Heroes to Lost, X-Files and 24.
5. Jeff from Thornton CO asks about what characters would we like to see made into movies and TV shows. Not a small subject.
1. One last 300 box office report.
2. Incredible Hulk updates, new effects company, etc.
3. Eric Johnson (Smallville) will be Flash in SciFi Channel’s Flash Gordon TV series.
4. Leslie Bibb cast in Iron Man.
5. First set pictures from Iron Man are out, are Tony Stark and Pepper Potts an item in the film?
6. Lauren Shuler-Donner producing DC’s The Metal Men.
7. Ben Stiller producing an animated film for Dreamworks Animation called MasterMind.
8. Ghost Rider on DVD June 12.
9. The Secrets of Isis complete series on July 24.
10. New David Goyer project, Super Max, must be heard to be believed.
1. Returning cast and director for Spider-Man 4?
2. John Goodman and Susan Sarandon in talks to play Speed Racer’s parents.
3. Nadia Bjorlin is not Wonder Woman.
4. Jason Schwartzman in a possible cameo in Spider-Man 3.
5. Orlando Bloom in a future Superman film? Based on a lunch sighting.
Categories: Podcasts Tags: Animation, Ben Stiller, Cory Gray, Eric Johnson (Smallville), Iron Man, Isis, Jason Schwartzman, John Goodman, Lauren Shuler-Donner, Leslie Bibb, Nadia Bjorlin, One, Orlando Bloom, Pepper Potts, Speed Racer, Spider-Man 3, Spider-Man 4, Susan Sarandon, The Dark Knight, Thornton CO, Tony Stark, Wil Wheaton, director for Spider-Man, superman
Week of March 28th, 2007 (This was uploaded 2 weeks late, the next show will follow very quickly)
1. Michael does a mea culpa about Captain Marvel/Shazam
2. Episode counts for the Superman 1966 and Batman 1977 animated series DVDs
3. Additional details on Whiteout and the Surrogates
4. Bud Collier’s history playing Superman
5. Joel Silver quote about the Wonder Woman Movie
1. Box Office TMNT, 300, and Ghost Rider all on the charts
2. Gatchaman next animated film from makers of TMNT
3. Final Spider-Man 3 Trailer
4. Robot casting finally for Transformers
5. Emile Hirsch cast as Speed Racer
6. Original Birdman and Space Ghost series coming to DVD July 17
7. Masked Magician graphic novel coming, yes, really
1. Alan Dale not in The Dark Knight
2. Simon Pegg and Jackie Earle Haley for Rorshach?
3. Is Shaun Toub the Mandarin in Iron Man?
4. Johnny Depp and Antonio Banderas in Sin City 2
5. Matthew Modine likely to be in The Incredible Hulk, part unknown
We answer an email from Jared of Pensacola Fl, and talk about who the villain Morlun is from Spider-Man and could he be a future movie villain.
Categories: Podcasts Tags: Alan Dale, Antonio Banderas, Bud Collier, Captain, Emile Hirsch, Jackie Earle Haley, Joel Silver, Johnny Depp, Marvel, Matthew Modine, Shaun Toub, Simon Pegg, Speed Racer 6, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 3, TMNT 3, The Dark Knight 2, The Incredible Hulk, Transformers 5, the Wonder Woman Movie News
This is a great email I got from Blake, who sent us this story.
Thanks to our friend, Cory Gray, graphic designer, we now have a new professional image for iTunes, you will see it embedded with the next new episode.
Cory’s other work can be seen at http://www.thegraydomain.com
Here’s the image: